SEO-Related Tactics for Local Businesses
You can use several SEO tools and tactics to help you achieve better search engine rankings. Here are four ways Cube Creative Design, a local SEO agency, can help you achieve that goal.
Claim and Optimize Your Google Business Profile (GPB)
We can help you create and manage your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business). That means the following:
- Providing correct and up-to-date business information.
- Proper inclusion of images, price, products, services, hours of operation, and logo.
- Responding promptly to client reviews.
- Publishing posts about your products, events, and unique offers.
- Taking advantage of your Google My Business dashboard.
Create and Maintain a User-Friendly Website
A user-friendly website for your small businesses or startup will benefit your SEO efforts. This strategy aims to rank your site higher on the search engine results pages (SERPs) and brings in more qualified leads to interact with you. That will ultimately increase your conversion rates.
For this part of Cube Creative’s local SEO solutions, we can do the following for you:
- Use responsive website design so you can easily connect with mobile consumers.
- Create site content that targets valuable keywords.
- Optimize header tags to make search engines understand your content and pages.
- Use linking strategies to attract search engines to crawl and index your pages.
While many businesses and website designers still believe that SEO is all about optimizing a website for search engines, SEO today also includes improving users’ experience.
Your website needs to be clean, uncluttered, and well-organized. That will help your visitors stay and browse your pages and content longer. This strategy also works for other areas, such as keeping your bounce rate low and increasing your page views.
Similarly, you should include only highly relevant content with your blog posts and sales pages. That can make your visitors happy since your content can help them address their concerns and access whatever they need to know with their search.
Online Reputation Management
Cube Creative will help you monitor, control, and influence the reviews and the information you have online. However, that is only part and parcel of what we can do to help you keep your online reputation clean and unblemished.
Online reputation management involves keeping a tab of many things, including SEO, public relation strategies, and effective marketing and promotions. Overall, the goal is to protect and promote your online image.
That said, we can help you with the following online reputation management strategies:
Claim Your Business Profile Across the Web
Even if you do not intend to use Facebook for your business, you will want to make sure no one else can claim it. So grab the Facebook handle that uses your name and claim your listing. This suggestion applies to other social media platforms as well.
Check Search Engines
Find out what people are saying about you and your company and act accordingly.
Distribute Your Content Online
If you do not provide enough information online, potential clients might think there might be something wrong with your business or marketing. Provide sufficient information on your website and through social media. Press releases are also a great way to attract attention.
Use Google Alerts
Google Alerts is a platform for monitoring stories and references that are associated with your name and business. Google will notify you of those instances at the time they happen.
Address Complaints and Criticisms Without Delay
Many clients want to know that their concerns are being addressed. Promptly responding to them tells them that you are listening to and willing to implement the necessary changes.
Use Long-Tail Keywords
Using long-tail keywords is a great SEO strategy. Use long-tail keywords to rank your website and pages higher on SERPs.
Long-tail keywords are low in terms of search volume, but they go hand in hand with the advantage of higher buyer intent.
On the other hand, you need to ensure balance. There is no point in focusing too much on low-search-volume keywords, as you might not get much traffic if you overdo it. However, if you can rank enough for many of them, it can all add up and place you higher in the rankings.
Once you have chosen the most effective keywords for your pages:
- Make sure to include them in your meta tags, URL, and description.
- Place these keywords as part of the title of your pages (preferably as the first three or four words of the title).
However, avoid over-saturating your content with keywords because Google does not like keyword stuffing. Instead, focus on readability and relevance when using keywords and deciding how often to use them on your content.
If you are looking for the best keyword research tools to help boost your marketing results, we can help.
Cube Creative offers top-notch local search engine optimization services and works with the best keyword research tool providers, such as SEMRush and Moz.
These SEO service providers offer valuable information and features, including PPC marketing and SEO research tools.
Benefits of SEO
One of the obvious benefits of SEO is that it improves the visibility of websites with search engines by pushing them higher in the rankings. SEO is the effective process of optimizing website content for relevant keywords frequently used in searches.
Other important benefits of SEO include:
Getting More Clients
One of the goals of putting up a website is to stand out in the crowd by building a business’s client base. Small businesses employing SEO strategies attract more clients and grow faster than businesses without SEO-optimized websites.
Perhaps, SEO is the most effective and affordable promotional strategy available in an increasingly digital market.
Plus, it is SEO that ensures that only those who are actively seeking your product or service are the ones who will engage with you. Thus, SEO helps you save time, money, and effort in promoting your business.
More Stable Conversion Rates
The thing with SEO-optimized websites is that they load quicker and have content that is easy to read. Further, they are easy to navigate and display well on almost all devices, including tablets and smartphones.
These qualities in SEO-optimized websites are well-loved by consumers and clients. They are more likely to entice visitors to stay longer and turn them into loyal clients, repeat visitors, and subscribers.
Enhanced Brand Awareness
The benefit of ranking higher in search engines’ SERPs is the ability to build awareness of your brand in consumers.
If your pages land on the first pages of search engines, your potential clients are more likely to initiate a deal with you over your competitors that do not have a strong online presence.
Ability to Bypass Completion
Search engines and SEO are the bosses in the digital market nowadays. If your competitors are not taking advantage of the benefits that local SEO services offer, but you do, chances are you are leading in the competition.
Local SEO Tips
In terms of tips for local SEO, ensure that you take these steps right from the start:
- Start by making sure that you claim your GBP listing. This might seem very basic, but a lot of GBP listings sit unverified. Even if you do nothing further with it after claiming your GBP listing, it is still favorable for your business that you have claimed it. Otherwise, it will remain unverified and unverified listings are those that remain publicly editable. Worse than that is that someone else might claim your listing.
- After claiming your GBP, make sure to indicate and carefully consider the primary and secondary industries you have selected. Google takes into account this factor when deciding which category to show. Some HVAC companies, for example, change their categories depending on the season and what people are looking for.
- Make sure that Name, Address, and Contact information are prominently positioned on your landing page. This requirement is essential for both humans and Google. If this information is incorrect or missing, Google will trust your website less or sync the wrong information back to its GBP listings.
- Make sure that your website contains the required on-page fundamentals. That means appropriate usage of HTML headers and title tags to indicate the structure of your page.
- Create pages that are not too “thin” for Google because Google hates “thin” pages. Include pages that present employee bios or create location and service pages.
- Finally, check local business directories that list your business category. Have your site listed on those sites. While Google does not place much importance on directory listings lately, listing your location on the business directory websites is still helpful for your small business, especially if it operates in a low to mid-competition market.
Cube Creative Design is Helping Local Businesses in North Carolina Get Found Online
Cube Creative Design is a marketing agency based in North Carolina with offices in Asheville and Wilkesboro, NC. If your business is around one of these areas or anywhere in the Tar Heel State, we will be happy to serve you with our team of professional and experienced Local SEO consultants.
Get started with us today by filling out the short form below.