Homeowners may be interested in what you have to say regarding multiple topics, including:
- How to perform home and HVAC maintenance
- Tips for making a home more energy efficient
- Preventing the development of mold and mildew
- Reducing irritating dust, pet dander, and other allergens
- The importance of repairing roof damage and addressing other potential energy-wasting issues
- Interesting and unique systems such as geothermal HVAC
- Tips for reducing a home's energy usage while traveling
- Making the right choice for a new heating and air conditioning system
- When and how to change air filters
Even since 2013, 81% of all consumers research online before they purchase a product or service. Traditional marketing platforms such as television, radio, and the newspaper cannot boast in such a potential audience for your company. With a radio or television ad, you are hoping your potential customers will either hear your message the moment they need you or will happen to remember your ad when their equipment does malfunction. Digital marketing helps put you in front of homeowners’ eyes while they are actively searching for a solution to their issue. Your website and social media presence allow you to meet people exactly where they are.
Heating and air conditioning companies can utilize digital media strategies to grow, expanding their reach and helping people enjoy their homes. These five tips will help you make the most of your online marketing opportunities.
1) Begin with Your Website
Your website is your greatest marketing asset. However, if it is poorly designed, or people cannot find the information they need quickly, your potential customers may move on to your competitors. Your website should appear professionally designed while making it easy for clients to contact you. If your design and function work well, you have a lot more space and freedom to tell your story and demonstrate to homeowners why they should choose your HVAC company.
A well-designed and developed website is vital to growing your digital marketing presence, but you have to make sure people can find it when they need it. Effective SEO (search engine optimization) helps your site show up on the first page of Google.
- An SEO strategy begins with a list of keywords (search terms) for which your potential customers are searching.
- Then you need to find out where you show up for those terms. If your website is brand new, it will not likely be near the top.
- Next, you need to develop content that emphasizes those keywords through your web pages and blog
Your website and SEO are key to your digital marketing plan, and likely something for which you will need to call in the experts. Cube Creative is here to help, whether you need a brand-new website, a refresh, or an ongoing website marketing plan.
2) Establish Your Social Media Presence
Digital marketing expands on the very thing that has helped most small businesses grow, word-of-mouth. Social media is the word-of-mouth of digital marketing. It is free to establish accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. It is free to create business pages as well. A few things to remember about social media:
- It can take time to build your audience.
- The more followers you have, the better your posts will perform.
- You should post regularly, but seldom more than once per day.
- Videos and photos generally perform the best.
- As often as possible, include links and calls-to-action for people to visit your website.
- Creating “shareable” content will ensure more people see your posts. Facebook and Instagram’s algorithms reward shares.
- If you write blogs, share them with your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Blogs are appropriate for LinkedIn as well.
- Advertising on social media is inexpensive and platforms provide more data than traditional advertising outlets.
- Professional social media marketing can lead to significant growth for your business.
Professional photos and videos generally perform better than DIY projects, especially early on as you are establishing your audience. However, something is better than nothing.
3) Produce Videos for YouTube
YouTube is a free video platform. YouTube users are often searching for DIY tips and advice. Video ideas for HVAC companies include:
- DIY general maintenance tips, especially tasks for which you would not send a service technician (changing air filters, cleaning fans, etc.)
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Tips for making a home more energy efficient
- Introducing your technicians
- Industry trends and ways, you can help customers save money
4) Get Your Existing Customers to Review You
When people are researching your company online, they want to know what other customers have experienced. If you know your clients are pleased with your service, ask them to write a review on Google and Facebook. Work with your web design company to develop an easy system on your website. Cube Creative has helped companies increase their reviews and we would be happy to show you how.
5) Send Professional Emails
Stay in touch with existing customers and prospects through a professional email newsletter. Information you can include without recreating the content wheel include:
- Blog posts you have written and already posted to your website for SEO and social media purposes
- Videos you created for social media and YouTube
- Current promotions you are running on your website
Whether you need help with a new or renewed website, increasing your existing website’s visibility and traffic, your social media presence, or other aspects of digital marketing, we would love to hear from you. If you are not yet convinced about shifting your marketing focus to the internet, we would be happy to discuss further how improving your digital presence can grow your heating and air conditioning business.