25 Testimonial Statistics You Should Know
More Consumers Trust and Rely on Testimonials and Reviews
Testimonials, reviews, and even star ratings are intended to instill trust and confidence by depicting an actual client’s experience. This also provides prospective clients with a more in-depth look into your small business, allowing them to determine whether it is a good fit for them. According to testimony statistics, as the internet has grown in popularity, clients have learned to trust and rely on reviews and testimonials more.
- 92% of customers read online reviews before buying (Vendasta)
- 72% of consumers say positive testimonials and reviews increase their trust in a business (Search Engine Land)
- 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review. (Search Engine Watch)
- 70% of people trust reviews and recommendations from strangers (Nielsen)
- 88% of consumers say reviews influence their online purchasing decisions. (Vendasta)
- 88% of consumers trust online testimonials and reviews as much as recommendations from friends or family (Big Commerce)
- 97% of B2B customers cited testimonials and peer recommendations as the most reliable type of content. (Demand Gen Report)
The Number of Testimonials Matters
Most small business owners agree that reviews and testimonials are essential, but determining how many you need may be difficult. How many client testimonials or reviews do they actually read? How many reviews are required for a star rating to be deemed correct? Statistics on testimonials might help answer some of these issues.
- 73% of consumers read six or fewer reviews before making a decision (Vendasta)
- 12% of consumers read more than 10 reviews (Vendasta)
- 10 or more reviews can increase in search traffic (Big Commerce)
- 40 or more reviews are needed before consumers will consider a star-rating accurate (Opt-In Monster)
Testimonials Drive Revenue
Testimonials are excellent for addressing consumer concerns and establishing trust in your product or service. As a result, testimonials are an effective technique for boosting the chance of purchase and decreasing reluctance to purchasing more expensive items or services.
- Using customer testimonials regularly can generate approximately 62% more revenue (Strategic Factory).
- Customer testimonials placed alongside more expensive items increased conversion rates 380% (Power Reviews)
- Increasing a business’s Yelp rating by one star can increase revenue by 5-9% (Harvard Business)
- On average, testimonials on sales pages increase conversions by 34% (Impact)
Testimonials Improve Web Traffic and SEO
Search engines want their users to get the best results for their searches and the best companies imaginable. This implies that reviews and testimonials influence which businesses appear for which search searches. According to testimonial data, incorporating reviews and testimonials can boost search engine optimization (SEO) and lead to increased search traffic.
- Websites using testimonials saw a 45% increase in traffic compared to those who didn’t (Yotpo)
- Listing 10 or more reviews increased traffic 15 to 20% on Google Business listings (Big Commerce)
- Improving star ratings from 3 to 5 stars can increase clicks on Google up to 25% (Bright Local)
- Businesses with 5 stars earned 69% of total clicks amongst top Google listings (Bright Local)
- Reviews account for 9.8% of total search engine ranking factors (Search Engine Watch)
Video Testimonials are Fast and Effective
Although most reviews and testimonials are text-based, data suggest that video testimonials are becoming increasingly more influential for many buyers. In general, video content is simpler for many individuals to absorb and helps them digest information more quickly. Videos are also more likely to be shared and reach a larger audience. Video testimonials are also more authentic and trustworthy since they are more difficult to fabricate.
- 79% of consumers have watched a video testimonial to learn more about a company, product or service (Wyzowl)
- 70% of marketers say video converts better than any other medium (Forbes)
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful for making decisions. (Insivia)
- 2/3 of consumers say they’re more likely to make a purchase after watching a testimonial video demonstrating how a business, product or service helped someone like them. (Wyzowl)
- 47% of people say testimonial videos are effective because they help visualize how a product or service actually works. (Wyzowl)
These 25 testimonial facts demonstrate the importance of consumer feedback. There are many various sorts of testimonials, and which one works best for your business and marketing goals will rely on them. Place your testimonials with care and observe which ones boost conversion rates and sales on your website.